So here we are again! A year after The Knobbly Plate was hacked out of existence we rise from the ashes once again to bring you the very best in vegetarian and vegan cooking for your everyday life at an affordable price.
So what has been going on in the year that we have been away? Well sadly I have split from my wife but there is a silver lining in that. I don’t have to answer to anyone being single so have been able to develop and experiment with recipes to my hearts content. This Focaccia recipe though is an old favorite in this house with everyone who has tried it and has never lasted long enough to go cold being eaten usually within minutes of it coming out of the oven. So I felt that it was a very good recipe to start off the new blog with.
- 500g Strong White Flour
- 4 Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 4 Tablespoons Rosemary Chopped
- 10g Fast Action Yeast
- 10g Sea Salt Plus More for Dusting
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300ml Tepid Water
- Place all the ingredients in a food mixer with a dough hook and mix until smooth and elastic.
- Oil a bowl and transfer the dough to bowl, cover and prove for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Knock back and roll out to around 1 inch and cover and prove until doubled in size again.
- Dust with salt and drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Bake in an oven at gas mark 9 for 10 minutes
- Turn the oven down to gas mark 4 and cook for a further 20 minutes.